Something was clearly wrong with the oven. For the bargain price of $83, a repairman came and told me the thermostat was gone, and would be $300 (+tax) to replace. So, we went stove shopping... and voila! My new ceramic top stove! It is much easier to clean, and is cooking more accurately! And, as always, it's the little things that make me smile... when I open the door, the light pops on. (sigh)
Friday, November 28, 2008
Unexpected purchase
A few weeks back I wrote about Mark's siblings + families coming up from Seattle for dinner
. I really love cooking and having others over, and was excited about the recipe my friend Marianne had recommended. But, as sometimes happens, dinner wasn't quite as exquisite as I had planned. My meal cooked way too fast - and I burnt a loaf of bread I was warming up, at 200F for 10 min!
Something was clearly wrong with the oven. For the bargain price of $83, a repairman came and told me the thermostat was gone, and would be $300 (+tax) to replace. So, we went stove shopping... and voila! My new ceramic top stove! It is much easier to clean, and is cooking more accurately! And, as always, it's the little things that make me smile... when I open the door, the light pops on. (sigh)
Something was clearly wrong with the oven. For the bargain price of $83, a repairman came and told me the thermostat was gone, and would be $300 (+tax) to replace. So, we went stove shopping... and voila! My new ceramic top stove! It is much easier to clean, and is cooking more accurately! And, as always, it's the little things that make me smile... when I open the door, the light pops on. (sigh)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah for new appliances! I'm still thrilled when I use my washer and dryer. You know, I thought we were supposed to like jewelery?
psst. we have the same stove! i'll think of you i open the door and the light pops on. happy baking, etc.
Post a Comment