Lulu and Michael are in the same class for the 2nd year in a row, and for most of the time have been friends. Being of opposite genders, they have had their moments though. But as Michael's mom has become a dear friend of mine, we've spent a fair bit of time together, and currently the two are on good terms.
Lulu and I were driving Michael home after Wee College Wednesday night. As we drove by the local skateboard park, Michael commented that he really liked skateboarding, and had taken some lessons there. It was really scary going into the bowl for the first time, but "I liked it!"
Lulu had this to say: "My mommy says that some bad people sell drugs there." (Which is true - my skater students have said there are sometimes characters with bad intentions there.) "And we saw some girls there one day without skateboards. My mommy says they're trying to get boys' attention."
Michael: "What does that mean?"
Lulu: "I'm not sure what that means, or why they want the boys 'tention. I think it's something you shouldn't do."
1 comment:
Love it! =)
It's so interesting just how your words are remembered and translated into future situations. Sometimes I hold my breath when the sentence starts, 'My Grandma says...'.
I've lived long enough to consider the fact that I may well be quoted, but still twists and turns can happen, eh?
Post a Comment