Today, however, has not started off great - and it's only 10 o'clock!
You know your day is screaming "IT'S MONDAY!!!" when, 15 minutes before getting the children/cherubs off to school, the boy lets the dog into the kitchen from outside, and realizes that the dog has tracked poo into and all over the house. The boy calls the dog and tries
The house stinks. The dog will NOT come out from under the bed. I am still in my PJ's, the girl is not dressed either. This does not look good. I quickly dress, grab a whole roll of paper towels, disinfectant and a garbage bag. With the dog now locked in my room, I proceed to clean up the messes I can find. The girl wanders into my room and entices the dog out. She gets a hold of her and hangs on until I arrive. Gross! There is poo stuck to my dog's butt. Gagging, I realize that the only solution is a bath - with 8 minutes until I should be getting the kids out the door.
I get the dog into the laundry sink, hold her with one hand while I search the nearby drawer for the dog soap. Crap! (literally - aren't you following along?) Dear hubby cleaned out this drawer, and I now have no idea where dog soap is. The boy quickly finds doggie shampoo in the upstairs cupboard and runs it down. Bathe dog, and she, sensing my mounting annoyance, cooperates fully for the first time.
While I am tending to the dog downstairs, the girl is trying to dress herself upstairs. However, she wants to wear a skirt and tights - and still can't get tights on without assistance. I send the boy up to please help his sister, but he really has no clue on the mysteries of getting tights on either. Finally finish bathing & drying dog - lock her in her crate. Dash back upstairs to assist daughter and brush her hair, and pile kids into the minivan. The time on the clock shows that the bell rang 5 minutes ago - not bad. I thought we were much further behind.
I return home to wash every floor in my home. Finally let dog out of her crate and feed her breakfast. She gives me the "I"m sorry mommy" look. I never intended to be called the dog's "mom" - her real mother is a Shi Tzu-Poodle. Then it dawned on me: I have a Shit-Poo for a pet. How could I not expect moments like this?
Pic of me, the boy, the girl and Millie Twinkletoes, the offender.
1 comment:
Fabulous account of one of life's completely unpredictable moments.
I'm sure it helps to know others groan with empathy. AND, but the way, awsome job of kicking it up a gear and restoring order without losing harmony, mom!!
Perfect name for her breed!! hehe
Post a Comment