Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time in Toronto


Early October I left my family for a week. It was SO FUN! Well, for me... I'm not sure my husband and kids has so much fun!

On my way to Quebec City, I stopped in Toronto for 2 nights to visit my dear friend, Shalan, and her family.  Shalan and I have been friends since we were 3! We went from preschool to 12th grade together. We did Brownies together, played Barbies together, celebrated Grad together... and even got engaged within a week of one another!

So my time with her and Ryan, Mylene and Elise was very precious.  Mylene is my adorable, 5 year old goddaughter. I loved having her meet me at the airport, picking her up from kindergarten, and making crafts together one morning while her mommy went to the gym. 
Elise is her lovable 2 year old sister - and she is personality plus!

Shalan and I also got to spend a good time together. I so enjoyed sitting having tea with her, exploring the Royal Ontario Museum (even though the Dead Sea Scrolls was inexplicably closed that day!!!), and going to Shoe Mecca: StyleSense.  15 000 square feet of shoes!!! Friends, if you are ever in the Greater Toronto Area, you must head to one of the 2 Stylesense stores! Amazing.  Did I purchase anything?  No... guilt about just buying a pair of ankle boots 3 days earlier prevented me, but it was a tonne of fun to try on!

I so hope Shalan and her family move back to the West Coast some day. I miss my friend!

No comments: