One of my very favourite cities is Quebec City. It is the oldest city in North America and is full of history and charm. I've had the chance to visit the city many times (I believe this was my 10th visit), and never tire of it!
My last few visits have been during the month of March with about 30 12 & 13 year olds... this visit, for a convention was quite different.
I stayed at the Hotel Chateau Laurier right on the Plains of Abraham, just outside the Old City walls. It was very nice. My parents attended convention as well, so I was able to save $ by sharing a room with them (just like the good old days!).
The Convention itself was fantastic! There was awesome worship, incredible speakers (an Anglican Archbishop from the Congo who was once a Muslim; a Mennonite Brethren church planter from Quebec; the president of Foursquare France, and our own Pastor Barry Buzza, president of Foursquare Canada), excellent conversations, and the chance to present the new curriculum I've been developing: Wisdom & Wonder. (see note below).
I also had the chance to go for a run around the Plains of Abraham on a gorgeous fall morning (Red leaves!), shop at Simons (! my favourite!) in Vieux Quebec, eat well, visit an art gallery and enjoy the city. I am so glad I went!
I was also very happy to return home to my family. I hope my next visit I can bring my loved ones with me!
Pics of my visit: some lovely women from Praise Family church in Toronto (in front of my banner), a cool planter made of succulents on Rue Buade, pumpkins in front of Aux Anciens Canadiens (excellent tradional quebecois eatin') and sunflowers on Rue St. Jean. Charming!

1 comment:
Wow - sounds like this curriculum is for more than just your local church. That makes a lot of sense to me. I enjoy hearing how your intelligence and spirituality are finding these channels for expression and contribution! xo
Post a Comment