Monday, June 8, 2009

Don't kiss me in front of my classmates... and other changes


This delightful young man is known as "Freckle Face". He does not want to have his picture taken.
He is working at calling me "Mom" instead of "mommy".
I am not allowed to kiss him on the face for fear of lipstick marks. I also may not kiss him good-bye in front of classmates. As soon as we step on the school grounds - 200m from his door, he bows his head to me reverently (Not!) so that I kiss the top of his head instead of his face.
And I may not plan "playdates" for him, he just wants to invite his friends to "come over", but it is definitely NOT a date! Ahhh... the joys of mothering an 8 year old!

2 comments:

lewis fam said...

Oh goodness, I remember hearing of Freckle Face's birth - how did he already to be 8 and a little extra particular?

I think it ironic this post of the grumpy-faced pre-pre-pre teen is just above the beautiful Mother's Day poem he wrote you.

Have to say, I'm so thankful to be past all that growing-up kinda stuff (not that I'm a 'grown up' really yet myself *grin*). So much to figure out.

Josh is so fortunate to have you as his MOMMY! Keep on lovin' him - lipstick and ALL!

Carissa said...

I love his face!!