Summer tastes like raspberries!
This morning the kids and I invited our friend Sarah (and her doggie Logan) to join us for a berry-picking adventure in Aldergrove. Conditions were perfect, and within an hour and a half we had a wagon loaded with nature's best. To reward our hard work, we stopped at the farm bakery for smoothies and some delicious baked goodies. This was not my best shot, but being a good friend, I didn't upload the bad shot of Sarah with her mouth full!
Once home, my two little chefs and I (I am big chef - not big in stature, but big, as in head-honcho chick around this joint, BIG) made raspberry jam, raspberry pie and froze a bunch of berries to enjoy later this year.

I can't imagine a better way to have spent the day!

P.S. You'll notice in many of our shots that Josh is holding bunny-ears to his sister's head. He's seven... it's really funny to do that in every photo when you're seven.
2 comments:
Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day! GREAT photos! Loved the side comment about Josh & the bunny ears. *grin*
I can't wait to go berry picking with Joelle...we'll head out to the blackberry bushes around here later this summer and then definitely next summer head to Aldergrove! I'll be looking for words of wisdom from you!
= ) L
Beautiful pictures Erin!
I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on all your recent posts. I didn't even get interupted (sp?) because Justin and Ashleigh are STILL sleeping! (Amazing in this household when they sleep past 8am)
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Post a Comment