Thursday, November 18, 2010

Counting more blessings...

It's been a month since my last post, where I started counting my blessings (#1-10).  I'm going to continue a bit of a gratitude journal here.

11. Technology - as much time as it sometimes robs, that I can quickly call my sister, 9 hours away, or Skype my in-laws on the other side of the country.  Facebook status updates can also quickly pass on info, or bring a chuckle. I really like my lilac-coloured Blackberry.

12. Coffee with friends.  I try to make a coffee date once a week.  Sometimes my beloved mentor, Carol, or a friend I haven't chatted with in a while.  I meet another girlfriend for breakfast (my favourite meal out) once every 2 months.  Today, it was Starbucks with the girl who grew up next door to me, and we bumped into another guy who grew up a block away. Though I drink tea instead of coffee.

13. Home-made remedies.  Dealing with a chest cold at the moment, and I'm thankful for hot lemons, steam vents and my mother-in-law's "mustard plaster".

14. Sunshine.  Well and the rain too.  I like bright sunny, blue-sky days. My walk this morning with the dog was amazing!  Then it poured rain this afternoon, and I love to listen to it while curled up reading.

15. Piano lessons.  I'm not taking lessons, the kids are.  We love Mrs. Amber, their teacher. I love that they have a hard time walking by the piano without stopping to play a song, or two.  I love to see how much they've progressed.  I love the girl dancing while her brother plays, and the husband or boy helping the girl do her theory.  I. Love. It. (Okay, I don't love the whining when they don't want to practice, or go to lessons, but that has seriously declined).

16. Good news.  Someone's engagement, a co-worker's pregnancy, a good report from Nana at the end of her afternoon of caring for my kids. I rejoice with those who rejoice!

17. Reading.  If you can read this, you are obviously literate. Can you imagine your world if you couldn't read?  I love reading, fiction, non-fiction, blogs... I adore the Saturday morning paper!  I was a very bad scrapbooker because I'd always rather read than chronicle my children's photos.  Now I assemble a digital photobook once a year, and a beautiful published book gets sent to my door! AND, I have more time to read!

18. Soup. and fresh bread. with cheese. and maybe olives.  My favourite fall meal!

19. Laughter.  Lots of laughter. Giggles, chuckles, good old belly laughs.

20. Events.  Currently planning our home-group pot-luck for 44 people this Saturday, and a little tea-party the following week.  I like gathering people together, and enjoying their company. I do enjoy planning my children's birthday parties, and seriously considered becoming a special events coordinator if teaching didn't pan out.

No comments: