Friday, September 24, 2010

I have to share the good laugh I had the other day... it still makes me chuckle.
The husband was on the phone with his far-away sister.  We're going to be spending Christmas with her, and M. started to tell his beloved, older sister all the food he wants her to cook: Her amazing peanut butter squares, her Heavenly Bars, her yummy turkey with extra stuffing... isn't he a brat?

I was in the same room, listening to his half of the conversation, when the tone of his voice changed, and the expression on his face was one of incredulity: his sister told him that they were now a vegan household, hadn't we heard?  She explained that the diet was much better for her husband (he has a challenging health condition), and therefore we will not be enjoying Turkey this year at Christmas.  She carried on to explain the great health benefits of eating lots of vegetables and salads - and M. bought it all!

M. began to quiz her on what she eats at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  He tried to convince her that we should still be allowed to have Turkey, not Tofurkey!  Finally she confessed she was joking! 
I'm so glad she put him in his place!

No comments: