
Last Monday the Maple Man came to my kids school. He showed a video about his Maple Sugar Bush, how he collects sap from trees and makes it into Maple Syrup.
This talented man also showed the kids how to play the spoons, and played for them the violin, accordion, a bowl, and the wooden puppets.

After some traditional French-Canadian dancing it was time for the sweetest treat: Hot Maple Syrup poured on snow, then rolled around a popsicle stick. I was really glad I was present, and got to have a bit of Tire myself!


I'm really looking forward to my next visit to Quebec when I'll be visiting an Erabliere: a Maple Sugar tree farm. Yum!
2 comments:
I don't understand, "hot maple syrup poured on snow"...please explain to this yankee!
= )
The Maple Syrup is warm: when they make maple syrup, it takes 45 litres of sap, boiled for hours, to create 1 litre of delicious, liquid gold. At the sugar shack, you don't wait for the syrup to cool, you pour it hot on snow, which cools it pretty quickly into a most delicious treat.
I'll have to take you to the Festival du bois this year!
Post a Comment