, so it seemed prudent to celebrate early.Now I had mentioned to Anne's brother about this idea, and he (mischievous brother) suggested we drive by some of her favourite places to keep her guessing about our destination. However, with construction on one of the roads, and then a missed turn, this turned into a tour of some lovely old neighbourhoods! Poor Anne - many of the roads are bumpy and in poor shape, and she thought I was trying to induce labour!
The 5 of us had the wonderful chance to catch up - we were Anne's 'maids last year, and I don't think we've all been together since.
The Secret Garden is a lovely tearoom - we enjoyed the most delicious sandwiches (roast vegetable and roast chicken croissants, smoked salmon blintzes, egg salad roll-ups), cranberry scones with cream and jam, banana-coconut cake, ginger chocolate cheesecake, lemon tarts and pumpkin rolls with maple icing. Yummy!
Their selection of teas is unbelievable! It was such a lovely warm atmosphere - it felt like an escape to get out of the fog! I highly recommend this cozy restaurant.
1 comment:
Oh, yeay! The Secret Garden!!! Loved our time there last year...what a WONDERFUL place to take Anne for her birthday celebration!
Looks like a special time!!!
Post a Comment