The kids have been asking for, and praying (!) for a baby for quite a while now. We were looking for something a little less labour (pun intended) intensive. So, we're getting a dog... still a big responsibility.
As we've been talking about responsibilities, the family has decided the following (yes, you may laugh at us here!):
Lucy is in charge of loves, making sure the puppy gets lots of attention. She really wants to put the puppy in a purse, but we've said that activity is strictly reserved for her stuffed animals!
Josh wants to be in charge of the water dish - making sure it is full. This doesn't require a lot of contact, as he is still a bit afraid of the 5 lb creature coming home.
Mark is in charge of scooping poop! (ha! right!) He will have that dog on his lap while he watches tv! (see Lucy's job)
Erin will be in charge of everything else... isn't that always the way for the mommy?
9 more days...
3 comments:
very cute name! How did it come to be?
You are a better woman than I, Erin. I refuse to get a dog until I can open a door and let it out. No waking hour walks for me in below-zero weather! :)
And Lucy, I used to want a rabbit that I could carry around in a bird cage -- I feel ya, girl!
We picked a little dog... apparently a dog needs 1 minute of exercise/day for each pound.
Ours should be about 15 lbs = 15 min./day!
Post a Comment