Monday, February 26, 2007

Birthday Parties


Yesterday I took Joshua to a birthday party for his soccer buddy Sean. The party was at a new Jungle gym for kids not far from our home. Jungle Jac's was a great place for kids, and a little bit noisy for adults! Within 2 minutes Joshua was sweating up a storm as he climbed, ran, slid, boxed, crawled and shot balls at targets. There was also a cool indoor soccer section, and a huge treehouse in the centre. In this picture, you can see Josh dripping with sweat, but taking a break to eat some pizza and drink LOTS of water! It was cool, and I know Joshua would love to go back!



After I dropped Josh off at home, I headed over to The Frogstone Grill to meet my girlfriends for dinner. My dear friend Tanya is in town from California for another friend's wedding, and she suggested we get together. What I didn't know was that it was also a surprise birthday dinner - for me! I was so touched that my friends planned this for me. In the picture, left to right are: Anne, Staci, Andrea, Tanya, me, Cheryl & Kristy.

Some of these women have been my friends for 20 years now! The group of us used to get together for a girls' Bible Study during our summer breaks in University, that continued for many years as we started our careers, and some of us got married. We're pretty certain we started in '92, but none of us could remember at what point the study stopped. There were many other 'young women' that came into the group at different points. I so treasure my friendships with these fun, caring and strong women of faith! Thanks girls!

3 comments:

the jordans said...

Happy belated! I'm sorry I missed the party = ) It was definitely 92 as I had just graduated from highschool I recall= ) and I was always the 'youngest'.

Esther said...

These relationships are just priceless. I'm so happy for all of you, especially our wonderful birthday girl!!

I can see you all on a cruise in your 70's recalling full and effective lives.

Blessings!!

Caroline said...

Happy Belated Birthday Erin! I remember now we are both March Birthdays (C.M. training game) When is your's again, the 1st?