
I'm looking over the blog and noticing there is quite a bit about Josh, but not as much about Lucy.
Lucy is the delightful three year old that lives in our home. She is full of fun, and can be fiesty at times. She loves to read and draw, dance and sing. This digital drawing is one that Lucy and I drew of us together on MS paint.
A few months ago, I was washing dishes and Lucy was sitting at the counter nearby and sighed, "I wish I could be the mom, then I could wash the dishes and do the vacuuming..." Lucy made these "chores" sound like very glamourous activities! We do need to work on empathy though. Today Lucy's friend Emily B. came over for a playdate. We stopped at the park after dropping Josh off at school to play on the swings, and Emily fell off her swing and began to cry. Lucy also started crying, but not out of fear or sympathy for her friend... She was upset because I stopped pushing her. Uh-oh.
Favourite colour? pink, purple and purplish pink
Favourite movie? Cinderella (and boy, does Lucy ever sing a lovely medley of every song from the movie!)
Favourite request for breakfast? CANDY!!! (not that I would ever let her!)
Favourite song? "Twinkle, twinkle" and "Away in a Manger"
What does Lucy want to be when she grows up? "I want to be a teacher like you, Mommy. Or a ballerina. What I really want to be is: a Princess!"
Joshua has been overheard to say, "Sometimes I wish I was as cute as Lucy!" She is pretty cute, but she is also blessed with an amazing big "brudder", who devotes much of his attention to his sister. Almost every night you can hear Joshua and Lucy say "You're the best brother", and "you're the best sister". It is a nice way to end our day.
No comments:
Post a Comment