Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun desserts and a visit with friends

On July 15 I ran a kids mini-camp at church called "Fun Desserts for Kids". 13 little bakers and I made Apple Flats, Perfect Berry Parfaits and ended with "the kitchen sink" - a platter filled with scoops of ice cream, bananas, berries, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, coconut and whipped cream! We then each took a spoon, and dug in! It is rather disgusting, but I'm sure they won't forget it for a long time! After baking, it seemed appropriate to visit the Bakers... the home of Greg & Steph that is!
Our family loves them, their little Eliana, and twins Zach & Zoey...
This is the only shot Josh got of the twins together... Our church has been praying for little Zoey who was only given a 4% chance of survival in utero, and now is an amazing little sweetheart. She still has some surgeries ahead of her. I think Steph & Greg are an amazing couple in how they have handled their blessings, and the challenges that have come with them.
Josh & Zach: "You and I will play soccer together someday."
Lucy, Josh & Eliana playing in the backyard (also known as Woocy and the boy!)

1 comment:

The Broken Man said...

That dessert just looks amazing!

The Broken man