Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rick Hansen - The Man in Motion






Today the kids and I went to watch Rick Hansen, on his 20th anniversary of climbing Thermal Drive, do it again. We went with our friends Kristal, James and Sam. Kristal had a book about Rick Hansen, and we talked about his accomplishment of wheeling around the world in 2 years, 2 months and 2 days to raise awareness and money for Spinal Cord injuries and research. I was there 20 years ago, with my mom and Tara, late for school, as we watched Rick climb the hill on his final day of the world tour.

There were a lot of people lining the street, and a number of school kids walked with Rick as he wheeled up the street. I'm so glad we went! If you want to learn more about Rick Hansen, check out http://www.rickhansen.com/

No comments: