Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas fun

Dreams of sugar plums? or perhaps transformers, Barbies and new bikes in their heads?

We love Christmas! We had a great day at Nana and Papa McLennan's house. The highlight: spending the day with Tara, Dave, Noah and Zachariah - our first Christmas together in 6 years!
I think Tara and I look far better - we were both pregnant the last time we had Christmas in the same home!
After breakfast, presents and a wholesome lunch, Josh and Lucy were finally allowed to break into the Gingerbread house that they made last week with our dear friend, Mrs. Ruth. Excellent - more sugar. Their smiles say it all!

One last story: I was putting Joshua to bed on Christmas Eve, and asked him what the best part of Christmas was. He said, "Santa". "Pardon me?", I say. We are trying so hard to keep the True meaning of Christmas at the forefront. Josh replies: "Santa, mom. I mean, think about it, he travels around the WHOLE WORLD in one night, taking presents to all those boys and girls. He deserves a TROPHY or something." I told Josh, that although he had a good point, Santa would have no reason to deliver gifts if Jesus hadn't been God's gift to us. "Oh, yeah. Santa can be the second most important then." Agreed!


The McLennan grandkids!











3 comments:

Tawny said...

Cute Kids! Josh's story is really sweet. Great blog. Merry Christmas.

Cherith said...

I love it! Second place is nothing to shake a stick at ... as they say. Erin, you're a natural blogger! Glad to have you "out here".

Esther said...

What a priceless pic of your kids asleep on Chrismas Eve! And I have to love Mrs. Ruth already. Precious Christmas, I can tell.